Monday, September 3, 2012

Broccolini!

I have never heard of Broccolini until I came to Texas, where I was informed within the past year or so of it's existence. Obviously this meant I would have to cook it.








Ingredients:
Broccolini
Sun Dried Tomato Herb Butter
White Wine
Ground Black Pepper
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Italian Herb Mix

Sauce Mix:
2 tsp Honey Mustard Salad Dressing
2 tsp Italian Caesar Salad Dressing
1 tsp Lemon Juice


I began by putting about a 1/3 of a stick of the Sun Dried Tomato Herb Butter into a large saucepan with the heat on medium. Once the butter mostly melted, I added in about a 1/2 cup of White Wine.

I put in about a 1/4 cup of the Italian Herb Mix and a light dusting of the Ground Black Pepper, Garlic Powder, and Onion Powder. On top of all this, I put in the Broccolini. I stirred things around to make sure everything was coated with the marinade present in the saucepan. I then covered it and let it cook for about 5 minutes, whereas the liquid mixture was almost gone.


I took out the Broccolini and created a simple sauce/dressing for them as well, which was simple stirred together. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment