Sunday, September 16, 2012

Chef's Original: Carrots & Taters

I began this recipe by deciding to cook something other than the Shrimp from today. So I decided that a Chef's Original Recipe was due.









Ingredients:
5 sliced White Sweet Onions
3/4 cup diced Chives
1/2 cup diced Basil Leaves
3/4 cup diced Scallions/Green Onions
1/2 stick Butter
1 cup Olive Oil
1 cup Water
1/2 cup Red Wine
1 sliced Green Bell Pepper
6 diced LG Carrots
1 lb chopped Potatoes
3 diced Garlic Cloves
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Italian Herb Mix
Ground Black Pepper

I began this by slicing the White Onions, followed by the Chives, Basil, Green Bell Pepper, and Scallions. I put all of these into 1 mixing bowl. I then diced the Carrots and chopped the Potatoes, these went into another mixing bowl.

Now, I put the saucepan on the stovetop and turned the heat to medium. In went the Butter, followed by 1/2 cup of Olive Oil. Once the Butter melted, in went the first mixing bowl full of Onions, Chives, Basil, and Scallions. Mix them with the Butter and Olive Oil.


About 1 minute later, I added in the Carrots and Potatoes. To this I seasoned them. About 1/2 a cup of the Italian Herb Mix, with a good dusting of Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, and Ground Black Pepper. Mix.


Stir regularly, add in the other 1/2 cup of Olive Oil, Red Wine, and Water when most of the liquid in there has evaporated off. Stir again.

I taste tested to check when it was cooked properly. The Carrots and Potatoes should be easy to tell if they are ready. I served on a bed of rice.




No comments:

Post a Comment