Sunday, September 16, 2012

Mellow Shrimp

I cooked up some shrimp today for a tasty snack for my girlfriend. When I cook shrimp normally, it's spicy. However, this time I made it a bit more mellow and laid back so there's no kick to the face.







Ingredients:
1/2 lb Shrimp
1/2 stick Butter
1/2 cup White Wine
1/4 cup Olive Oil
1/4 cup Teriyaki Sauce
1/4 cup Soy Sauce
1/3 cup Lime Juice
1/4 cup diced Chives
6 shredded Basil Leaves
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Paprika

I began by mixing the Teriyaki Sauce, Soy Sauce, and Lime Juice in a mixing bowl. I put the Shrimp directly into the bowl and set it to the side to marinate. I then turned my attention to dicing the Chives and shredding the Basil Leaves.

At this point I grabbed my container of Sun Dried Tomato Herb Butter and put about 1/2 a stick's worth into the saucepan. I then turned the heat to medium and poured in the Olive Oil. I let the Butter melt and swirled the pan to make sure it mixed together properly. I then grabbed the Chives and Basil and dropped them in.


I then stirred it around and proceeded to pour in the marinade and Shrimp. Dust with Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, and Paprika. Mix together. Stir in the White Wine at this point as well.


Mix regularly. I flipped the Shrimp once they started to turn orange. Leave them for about 10 seconds at this point and turn off burner. They should be ready to eat.


I served them on a plate of Basil Leaves I still had with some Scallions on top. Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment