Saturday, September 29, 2012

Simple Steak Snack

When I was out food shopping yesterday, I picked up a Flank Steak. I did not know of this cut of meat until I moved to Texas. It is quite the tasty morsel.









Ingredients
1 lb Flank Steak
Butter
Port
Teriyaki Sauce
Lime Juice
Ground Black Pepper
Lawry's Seasoning
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Celery Salt

Alright, so I began by taking the steak out and putting it on a cutting board. I know some might not know what this cut of beef looks like, so here you go:


Other side:


I began by cutting the steak into several smaller pieces to fit in my large saucepan better.


I then put the heat to medium and put some Butter in there. I think it's between 1/3 and 1/2 of a stick.


I seasoned the steak with a nice mix. I covered them first in Lawry's, then a light dusting of everything else.


Now, since the Butter is mostly melted I put the steak in seasoned side down. I then used some Lawry's on the top of them.


I flipped them over about 30 seconds later.


Now I let them cook for about 2 minutes and that's when I added a healthy splash of Port.


About a minute later I added a criss cross pattern of Teriyaki Sauce and a splash of Lime Juice.


I then flipped the steaks.


I took one off to check how they were cooking, it looked like this:


Now I know a lot of people who like it at this point of cooking, however I like my Flank Steak medium to well done. So they went for another minute.

Finally once they were cooked enough, I took them off and plated them. Of course, a beer was necessary while eating this delicious lunchtime snack. Enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment