Monday, September 3, 2012

Dark Beer'd Mushrooms

Today I cooked up some Mushrooms using a dark beer today. I had a bottle of Stone Brewing's Smoked Porter and I felt it should be used today. So in my Zesty day of cooking, I decided to use it with Mushrooms.







Ingredients:
1 lb White Button Mushrooms
1 bottle Stone Brewing's Smoked Porter
Lemon Juice
Italian Herb Mix
Ground Black Pepper
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder

I began by pouring myself a glass of this delicious brew. If I'm going to cook with it, I might as well drink some as well! After taking a pint glass' worth out of the bottle, the rest went into a large saucepan.

I turned the heat to medium and added a single squirt of the Lemon Juice bottle. Then went in the dusting of Ground Black Pepper, Onion Powder, and Garlic Powder. Two large pinches of the Italian Herb Mix went in next. I swirled the pan to make sure everything mixed properly.

Then in went the Mushrooms once the mixture started to steam. They went in gill side down. You will notice that the beer will foam up almost over the Mushrooms, but do not worry as it is nothing bad. If you cover it, you might wind up with a problem though.


I then flipped the mushrooms after about 2 minutes.

Once they turn spongey/squishy, they are done.
So turn off the heat and serve. Make sure to drain the juices off of the Mushrooms as well. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment