Monday, September 3, 2012

Slow Cooker Baby Back Ribs

Today I decided that the ribs I picked up the other day needed to be eaten. The problem is that I cannot cook these up in 10 minutes and chow down...they require a lot of time to be properly delicious. I would have used a grill, but my knowledge of proper grilling is somewhat stunted since it is usually 100 degrees outside when I want to grill. So I decided to break out my 2 slow cookers from their couple month long siesta.

Ingredients:
2 half-rack's of Baby Back Ribs
Jack Daniel's Hickory Brown Sugar BBQ Sauce
Spice Rub*

Spice Rub:
Turmeric
Sea Salt
Ancho Chili Powder
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Hot Smoked Spanish Paprika
Chili Powder
Ground Black Pepper
Italian Herbs Mix
Brown Sugar


I began by setting up my two slow cookers and getting the ribs out. I peeled the membrane off, which was almost non-existent, and proceeded to mix the rub together. I did not list an amount of each ingredient for the Spice Mix due to everyone having their own particular tastes. So go with what you think will like best! Personally, I went heavy on the Garlic Powder, Paprika, and Turmeric but that's just me.

I rubbed the spice mix all over the ribs quite thoroughly. Try not to miss a spot for maximum flavoring later on!


I placed the half racks of ribs 1 per slow cooker and placed them meat side down. I have read that this is not the way to do it, but bear with me.


After about 3 hours in the slow cooker, I checked on how they were doing.


I flipped the ribs to bone side down. I chose to go half and half with how they are cooked. I guess an attempt to even out the cooking, oh well.


About 2.5 hours after the Great Flipping of the Ribs, I went to check on them and noticed they appeared to be done. So I used a pair of tongs and plucked them out of the slow cookers and on to a clean plate.

I grabbed my Jack Daniel's Hickory Brown Sugar BBQ Sauce and proceeded to pour and brush it all over the half rack of ribs one side at a time.


Once slathered up in delicious BBQ Sauce, I proceeded to use a large non-serrated knife to cut the ribs into single rib pieces to eat easier.



Finally, placing them on a plate to serve. Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment