Monday, September 10, 2012

Sweet! Brussels Sprouts that is!

Today I threw together an impromptu snack of awesome for my girlfriend. I know she enjoys brussels sprouts and thought that I should cook the ones I had in the fridge.








Ingredients:
Brussels Sprouts
Sake
Brandy
Teriyaki Sauce
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Italian Herb Mix
Butter

I began this recipe by rinsing off my Brussels Sprouts and then slicing them in half lengthwise. I put all of these into a mixing bowl I had on hand.


I then put a saucepan on the stovetop and turned the heat to medium. At this point I put in about a 1/3 of a stick of Butter. After it melts about 1/2 way or so, pour in about 1/4 cup of Sake. Just enough to cover the bottom of the pan. I put in about 1/4 of a cup worth of Brandy, just enough to make it's presence known. I swirled this all together and then tossed in the Brussels Sprouts. On top of this I added in a healthy dose of Onion Powder and then the same with Garlic Powder. Maybe a little more Garlic Powder? A healthy pinch of Italian Herb Mix went next. I then mixed all of this together and let cook for about 1 minute. Then I added in a healthy dose of Teriyaki Sauce; this is where the sweetness really shines through. The Brandy will make it quite sweet, but the Teriyaki Sauce throws it over the top and that is what we want here.



You'll know they are done when the white inside portions of the Brussels Sprouts are turned that brownish hue of the Teriyaki Sauce. Or just taste test, that always works as well. Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment