Sunday, September 16, 2012

Mac n Cheese 2.0

So, I have made Mac and Cheese once before and posted on the blog about it. That time it was delicious but I felt I could go another way with it. So I did.









Ingredients:
1 box Elbow Macaroni Pasta
1/2 stick Butter
Italian Herb Mix
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Sea Salt
Bread Crumbs
Lots of Cheese

In this recipe you will need a casserole dish since you will be using the oven.

To begin this recipe get a pot and fill it up about 1/2 way with water. Turn the heat to high to hurry it up. I added in a pinch of Sea Salt, probably 1/4 cup of Italian Herb Mix, and a dusting of Onion/Garlic Powder. I also added in the Butter now, which was a Sun Dried Tomato Herb butter.


Once it begins to boil, put in the box of Elbow Macaroni. Stir a bit and turn the heat down to medium, otherwise it will foam over and make a huge mess. At this point I made sure the oven was empty and turned it to Bake at 400 degrees F.


Taste test to see if the Pasta is done. Once that is done, strain it using a strainer. At this point I poured the cooked Pasta into my casserole dish where I proceeded to add in the cheese. I used a 1/2 block of English Cheddar cut into small pieces, about a 1/2 cup of Asiago/Gruyere, about a cup's worth of shredded Cheddar, and finished off with about 1/4 cup of Italian shredded cheese. I mixed this all in using a wooden spoon which quickly became gooey cheese spoon. Once that was done, I covered the top with Bread Crumbs.

Once the oven was ready, which should be about the time you are done with all of that, I put the dish in on the top shelf. I want to say like 10 minutes, but I honestly did not keep track of time at this part. I just kept peeking in to make sure the bread crumbs started to brown up, and that is when I took the dish out and turned off the oven.


I waited about 5 minutes to let it cool off/set properly, then served it up like a tasty snack. Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment