Thursday, September 13, 2012

Maple & Orange Syrup with Oranges

A few days ago I put it out there to my coworkers and friends that I wanted their input on what I should cook up on this blog. Well, I did not get much feedback and I think that was due to me asking for them to either give me an ingredient or something broad so I could still decide the end product. Well, a certain person said I should try throwing a dessert dish together since I have not done that before. Here we go...


Ingredients:
3 md Oranges
4 tsp Butter
2 tbsp Maple Syrup
2 tpsp Orange Liqueur
2 tbsp Orange Juice

Get all of your stuff together.


I started by making sure my oven was empty and then turned the temperature to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. I then made sure I had Tinfoil cut into squares large enough to form a bowl around the Orange slices in the next step.

I grabbed the Oranges and cut them into slices. I discarded the ends since they did not really help out at all. I then trimmed the peel and white membrane away from the edges of the slices. I placed the slices in the tinfoil and made sure the tinfoil formed a bowl/cup around them.


Here I created the mixture used. I grabbed my glass measuring cup and put in 4 tsp Butter. I placed this in the microwave for about 1 minute to melt the butter completely. To this I added the 2 tbsp of Maple Syrup, Orange Liqueur, and Orange Juice. Then stirred to make sure it all mixed together properly.


I then poured this mixture into the tinfoil bowls/cups where the Orange slices were waiting. About this time your oven should be ready as well. I closed the bowls up using the tinfoil, and placed them on a cooking sheet. Into the oven they went for 10 to 12 minutes.


Take out, be careful since it's very hot! Take out and serve. The recipe I roughly followed also called for them to be served with fresh cream or cheese, however I just served them as is. Enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment