Sunday, September 23, 2012

Spiced Pork Chops on Asparagus Spears with Pureed Asparagus

Today I decided that a full meal was needed for lunch. I usually just snack on whatever is around or put together one thing. Today was a little more complicated than that, especially since it was sort of decided on the fly. I have found that balancing the pork chops I chose with asparagus was indeed a nice visual effect and nutritionally balanced while being incredibly tasty!








Ingredients:
Pork Chops
2 Butterfly Pork Chops
Lawry's Seasoned Salt
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Ground Black Pepper
Sea Salt
Dill
Paprika
Fennel Powder
Ancho Chili Powder
Italian Herb Mix
Olive Oil

Asparagus
Asparagus
1/2 stick Butter
Italian Herb Mix
Fennel Powder
Ground Black Pepper

Asparagus Puree
Asparagus from above
White Wine
Olive Oil

I began with gathering all of my ingredients.


I then started in on the Pork Chops portion of this recipe. I started with mixing the spices together. I did not put an amount of each since most of them were just a dusting with larger dustings of Italian Herb Mix, Lawry's, and Fennel Powder.


I then trimmed my Pork Chops and set everything up.


Now I put the chops into the spice mix and proceeded to coat them with the spice mix.


I made sure to have a plate next to them to put them on.


Now, some Olive Oil into the saucepan. No measurement here, just put a bunch in.


Once that started to heat up, in went the Pork Chops.


After about 30 seconds I flipped them. I did this so the one side would be seared enough to keep the juices in while mostly cooking them with the opposite side down.


Here is where we cut in with the Asparagus portion of the recipe, somewhat. I chopped off the bottoms of the stalks and put the Butter in the other saucepan.


Once that was mostly melted, in went the spices. Just a dusting/sprinkle of each.


Then in went the Asparagus.


At about this point, check on your Pork Chops. I took one off to check if done, it was so they all came off, or just cover to retain their heat.


Mix up the Asparagus now as well, so there is more of an even cook through.


Taste test to see if they are done. If so, which they were for me, take off. Put some down on a plate for your Pork Chops to go on, the rest to the cutting board.

Now cut the Asparagus spears into small sections and put them into your food processor. Puree the life out of them. It should look very chunky, so add in a splash of Olive Oil and White Wine. Puree again for a minute. It should be done now.


Now all that's left is to plate your dishes and serve them up. I added flax seeds to the Asparagus Puree because the dark brown would offset the bright green quite well. For the Pork Chops, I placed them on a bed of Asparagus spears with a sprinkle of sesame seeds on top. Enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment