Sunday, September 30, 2012

Eggs in a Boat

Last week I posted on my personal facebook an amazing recipe I had found by perusing the Foodie Blogroll(Check it out!) and decided that I should try to make it. Boy was I smart in making that decision! I did not make the exact recipe I found, however I did make it delicious.










Ingredients:
1 loaf of French Bread/Baguette
Cheese
5 Eggs
5 Garlic Cloves
Basil Leaves
Sea Salt
Pepper
Italian Herb Mix

First get your ingredients together. I have some butter in there, but I ended up not using it. Same for the block of mozzarella cheese.


Make sure your oven is empty and turn it on. Bake @ 350 degrees Fahrenheit.


Now start by peeling your Garlic Cloves. I used a Garlic Masher to reduce then to an almost paste. I whisked the 5 Eggs into a smooth consistency and added the Garlic to that. Mix together some.


Now grab your Basil Leaves and shred them or cut them into small pieces. I used about 15 Leaves, mostly large. In the mix they went and stirred together. Make sure it's an even consistency.


Now grab your loaf of bread and cut a V into it from the top. This is where you will be putting your egg mixture so make sure not to create a hole on the side or bottom.


Then add in your mixture. It already looks delicious!


On top of this add a sprinkling of Salt and Pepper. Add as much as you want to, it's you who'll be eating it after all!


Now I added the first of the three cheeses I used. Blue Cheese. A nice start since it is so very tasty.


Then Asiago Cheese and a Parmesan/Romano mix generally used for salads.


Then some Italian Herb Mix on top.


Now, into the oven.


I had a sheet of non-stick cooking paper under it, but then read the tube it came in and saw 'not for conventional ovens' so out that came.


It should be in there for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the cheese topping turns a golden brown.


Then you take it out and serve. Enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment