Thursday, September 20, 2012

Chunky Taste O' Autumn

Today I decided that I wanted to make tomato sauce. Well, I got everything out and did not feel like getting the food processor out to puree everything into a nice chunk-free sauce. Then I thought, why not make tomato sauce in a different way. So I did, by leaving it extremely chunky which oddly enough now tastes like autumn instead of strictly being tomato sauce.








Ingredients:
2 Large Tomatoes
1 Large White Onion
1 Green Bell Pepper
1/2 stick Butter
1.5 cups of Red Wine
dash of Teriyaki Sauce
Dash of Lime Juice
Paprika
Ground Black Pepper
Italian Herb Mix
Fennel Powder
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Turmeric
Cumin/Coriander Mix
Dill

So I began this whole recipe by putting a pot on the stove and cutting up the 1/2 stick of Butter and putting that in. I turned the heat to medium. I then turned back to the Tomatoes. These I cut up into chunks and dumped them into the pot 1 Tomato at a time. To this, I diced the Green Bell Pepper and added it. Finishing this part I diced the Large White Onion and dumped it in as well. Then I stirred it all together.


After a minute or so, I added the spices. They went in as follows:
-dash of Paprika
-dash of Turmeric
-dash of Dill
-dash of Onion Powder
-coating of Garlic Powder
-heavy dash of Ground Black Pepper
-1/2 cup Italian Herb Mix
-heavy dash of Fennel Powder
-2 spoons of Cumin/Coriander Mix


After this stage, I added a 1/4 cup of Lime Juice, 1 1/2 cups of Red Wine, and a dash of Teriyaki Sauce. Then mix. Mix regularly so as to not let anything cook itself into being a new part of your pot and to make sure all of it is cooking properly.


Taste test to see that it is done to your specifications. I chose to leave it at this stage as it is delicious.






If you choose to make it into a sauce, let it cool a bit and pour into a blender to puree. Boom, instant sauce!

No comments:

Post a Comment