Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Broccoli Bonanza!


Today while cooking the previously posted meal, I noticed something in my fridge. Something I do not care to eat, however I do know one person who loves it...BROCCOLI!!!







Ingredients:
Broccoli
White Wine
Port
Ground Black Pepper
Italian Herb Mix
Basil Leaves

So, after cleaning up from the Chef's Original, I decided to cook this Broccoli. I bought them in a bundle and not as Broccoli crowns. Seeing as that happened, I then had to use a knife and cut the crowns off. I suggest using a non-serrated blade knife to make it easier.

Once that was done, I turned the heat to medium and put my saucepan on the stovetop. I then poured in about 1 cup of White Wine and 1/4 cup of Port. Port is very strong, so only a little is needed for this recipe.


Once that started to simmer, I threw the Italian Herb Mix and Ground Black Pepper into the pan. I think 2 or 3 pinches was what I used, use more if you want more I guess? I also threw in about 6 Basil Leaves all shredded up.


About 5 minutes into stirring it, it appeared to be cooked and I turned off the stove. I let the pan sit and continue to cook while I made sure it was cooked. Enjoy.



Chef's Note: I have no idea who at work likes Broccoli, so find me and say Broccoli Five while giving me a high-five. First one to do so, gets some tasty Broccoli!

No comments:

Post a Comment