Thursday, September 27, 2012

Potatoes on Quinoa

So awhile back I posted a potatoes recipe that is quite similar to this one, however several different ingredients have changed. See if you can notice what they are! In all seriousness, I have had a craving for potatoes lately and that is what brought this about.





Ingredients:
5 Red Potatoes
Apple Cider Vinegar
Port
Sherry
Vegetable Oil
Fennel Powder
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Dill
Ground Black Pepper
Paprika
Italian Herb Mix

I began this recipe by assembling the interested parties, i.e. ingredients. Which really isn't that hard when it's just potatoes and what I will cook them in...or is it? I did make Quinoa in my rice cooker as well, which I guess means I didn't put that in the picture. Oh well, still tastes great! (Quinoa follows same rules as Medium Grain Rice in Rice Cookers)


I started by dicing up the potatoes and putting them in a mixing bowl.


I then made sure I had all my spices.


I put my saucepan on the stovetop and turned the heat to medium.

I quickly poured some Apple Cider Vinegar in.


Then some Port wine.


And some Sherry.


I forgot to take a picture as I was pouring, however I did put in about 1 cup of Vegetable Oil here.


On top of all that went the spices. I did a good dusting of everything but the Dill and Italian Herb Mix. I only use a small pinch of Dill since it goes a long way. The Italian Herb Mix, well, I used a massive HULK sized pinch of that.


Once it started boiling, I added in the potatoes.


Then I mixed them around to coat them with the mixture.


Now, stir on occasion. Make sure they cook properly.

I taste tested to see when they were done. Here's a picture of what they look like while I'm tasting one that's done. Hooray!


Now the Quinoa should be done in the rice cooker by now, which you should unplug right when it's done so the warming setting doesn't dry it out.

Alright, I plated the Quinoa first with some Potatoes on top. I think it looks nice with the minuscule pinch of Italian Herb Mix I added.




No comments:

Post a Comment