Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Mushrooms in Red Wine Marinade

I made this the other day and forgot to get it off my camera until today, so I'm sorry everybody reading this. It was a mushroom recipe I threw together on the fly, so there won't be that exact of amounts listed on much of anything either.





Ingredients:
1 lb White Button Mushrooms
1/2 stick Butter
1 Cup Red Wine
Teriyaki Sauce
Soy Sauce
Lime Juice
Scallions / Green Onions
Parsley
Chives
Ground Black Pepper
Garlic Cloves
Fennel Powder
Italian Herb Mix

I began this by slicing the White Button Mushrooms and putting them to the side. I then made sure the Scallions, Chives, and Garlic Cloves were diced into small pieces. The Parsley I just made sure to cut off the stems.

I put a saucepan on the stovetop with the butter in the pan and turned the heat to medium. Once the butter is mostly melted, I put in the diced Chives and Garlic first. I wanted the Garlic and Chives flavor to be the strongest it could be. About 30 seconds later, in went the diced Scallions and Italian Herb Mix. Make sure to stir them around to get that delicious buttery flavor everywhere. At this point I put in the Parsley as well, and I want to say about 10 sprigs worth. I also added in the Red Wine now and you might want to pour yourself a glass if it's good wine.


I waited until the Garlic appeared to change color and the Scallions started to get soft, and then I added a heavy dash of Teriyaki Sauce, Soy Sauce, and Lime Juice. After that, in went the Mushrooms. Stir thoroughly. Top this off with a dusting of Ground Black Pepper, and Fennel Powder. Stir. Cover.



Once the mushrooms appear to be a brownish orange color and are spongey, they are done. Turn off heat and serve. I put some hot sauce down under mine. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment