Sunday, September 9, 2012

Main Course: Shrimp!

So after putting the appetizer and side dish together, I had to turn my attention to the main course. Shrimp.










Ingredients:
1/2 lb Gulf Coast Shrimp
Archer Farms Chili Lime Sauce
Italian Herbs Mix
White Wine
Cilantro

So I began by throwing together the marinade for the Shrimp. I began with Archer Farms Chili Lime Sauce and put in about 1/4 to a 1/3 of the bottle. To this I added about a 1/4 cup of Cilantro leaves and 2 pinches of Italian Herbs Mix. I poured in about a 1/3 cup of White Wine, and mixed all of this together. Then in went the Shrimp. I did all of this in a large ziploc bag and made sure to roll it up to make sure all the Shrimp was marinaded properly. It also pushes out most if not all the air to create a pseudo vacuum seal.


I then turned the stovetop burner to medium and placed a saucepan on. To this I poured the Shrimp and marinade into the pan.


Stir occasionally until done, which is evidenced by the Shrimp turning from pink to a light orange color.


Once done, turn off the burner and plate according to your tastes. I did sprinkle some Italian Herbs Mix on top as a finish, as well as a simple garnish of sage and cilantro. Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment