Monday, August 20, 2012

Dad's Ribs on the Grill Recipe

It seems I now know one of my sources of inspiration for cooking...my father. He has even sent me a delicious recipe for ribs that I think I will try this upcoming weekend!
This will be as he sent it to me, so not my normal style of posting, enjoy the change:


After securing a couple of racks of baby back ribs at $2.99/lb, you need to have your hickory chips and special rub ready to prepare the ribs:








The Kansas City Rub:
My Father's Favorite!
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1/4 cup Paprika
1 tbs Black Pepper
1 tbsp Salt
1 tbsp Chili Powder
3/4 tbsp Garlic Powder
3/4 tbsp Onion Powder
1 tsp Cayenne Powder

Combine all ingredients and place in air tight container. I use my food processor to mix all together.

Trim up ribs, remove skin membrane from back, and apply rub to all surfaces prior to putting ribs in rib rack.


Cook at 275 degrees for 2.5 hours on Weber gas grill or equivalent before applying sauce.


Remove ribs from rack, place on grill, and get ready for application of Sweet Baby Ray's sauce.



Apply to one side of the ribs and cook for 15 minutes. Flip over ribs, apply to other side and cook for another 15 minutes. Total cook time = 3 hours.



Slice up the ribs and serve. Be careful though, you may never know who might show up for ribs...

Thanks for the recipe Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment