Sunday, August 26, 2012

Porto Port

After eating out last night and enjoying a Port demi-glase on my deliciously tasty Beef Tenderloin, I was intrigued by Port Vino. I have never cooked with this and thought, hmm... why haven't I!? So I picked a bottle up. This is the main result of the day after.





Ingredients:
2 Portobello Mushrooms
Italian Herb Mix
Sake
Port Vino

I put my saucepan on the stovetop and set the temperature to medium. I then put a 1/8 of a stick of butter in the pan since I love cooking with butter. Once that started to sizzle/melt, I poured in about 3/4 a cup of Port and a 1/4 cup of Sake, then I swirled it around to coat the bottom of the saucepan quickly. I put the Portobello Mushrooms in gill side down and covered the pan. I put the Italian Herb Mix in at this point, approximately 1/3 of a cup. After a few minutes I flipped the mushrooms. Check to see if they are spongey, which when they are it means they are cooked properly. Take off and serve to your own desire. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment