Sunday, August 5, 2012

Satan's Hotsauce

Yes, I said Satan's Sauce. It's an amazing hot sauce I kind of just threw together...but it sticks with you! I thought my mouth was on fire for about 20 minutes after I tasted this, so I think I did well.

Ingredients:
3 greenhouse tomatoes
2 serrano peppers
1 jalapeno pepper
2 caribe peppers
1 cubanelle pepper
2 red fresno peppers
2 poblano peppers
2 cloves of garlic
ancho chili powder
hot spanish paprika
ground black pepper
lime juice

This diabolical mix started with using my food processor to puree the 3 tomatoes. Once this was done, I put the tomato puree into my small saucepot. I turned the heat to about medium. I proceeded to puree, or at least attempt to, all of the peppers and garlic. Add all to the saucepot and stir together. You might want to have every fan you own on, otherwise you will feel like your face could be melting off...it's great for exfoliating? On top of what is already in, add in about 1/4 cup lime juice with a few pinches of each spice mentioned. Stir together.


Let this cook and meld into one spice demon for about 10 minutes, have the heat on medium-low for this part. Keep the fans on. For the love of all things holy, keep the fans on. Or just cook this at a friend's place so it smells like someone spilled hot lava everywhere.

After about 10 minutes of cooking, turn heat off and move to other spot on stove to cool off. I let it cool for about 10 minutes, then I poured the mix back into my food processor and puree'd again. Pour this mix into whatever container you want this mixture in, I chose a mixing bowl first, then put into tupperware since I will be saving it for later, when I want hot sauce.


No comments:

Post a Comment