Friday, August 17, 2012

Shrimp!

I have not cooked shrimp in ages, so today as a special treat for my girlfriend that is just what I did. And put it on couscous!

Ingredients:
1/2 lb Shrimp
Couscous
Lime Juice
Teriyaki Sauce
Soy Sauce
Green Onions/Scallions
Ground Black Pepper
Garlic Salt
Butter

So I began by grabbing one of my mixing bowls and pouring in about a half cup of Lime Juice. To that, I added in a liberal amount of Teriyaki Sauce and Soy Sauce. I mixed that together a bit, and added a handful of diced Green Onions/Scallions. To top it off, I grabbed my Garlic Salt and Ground Black Pepper and lightly to medium seasoned the mixture. Then I mixed it together again to try and get an equal consistency all around.

The Shrimp was all ready to go, because why not? It's not like it's really going anywhere. So in that went. I mixed it together, making sure that the mixture covered all the Shrimp.

I then grabbed a saucepan and cut about a third of a stick of butter into the pan, cut into several smaller pieces to hurry the process up. Turn the heat on the stove to medium. Cover it if you want, but I think it is fast enough as is.



Once the butter is mostly melted, in goes the contents of your mixing bowl. Shrimp and the marinade mixture. Stir it around to make sure it evens out.


Stir occasionally to make sure it cooks properly. The easy part here is that the Shrimp turns to an orange/red color when it is cooked. So you really just have to watch out for that, it should not take that long.


Once that was done, I turned the heat off. I got the Couscous and put that on a plate, sort of like a bed for the Shrimp to lie on. And that's how simple it is. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment