Sunday, August 26, 2012

Asparagus Pt. 2

Today I decided to cook up another batch of Asparagus I had in my fridge. Originally I did not enjoy Asparagus, however after trying it in the past year or two, I have found it is quite delicious and I was an idiot for not enjoying it earlier!






Ingredients:
Asparagus
Sun Dried Tomato Herbed Butter
Ground Black Pepper
Garlic Salt
Port Vino
Tomato Sauce (recipe previously mentioned in blog!
Italian Herb Mix

I started off by placing my large saucepan on the stovetop and setting the heat to medium. I then took my butter and put about 1/2 to 3/4 of a stick worth in the pan. I covered this with the lid to speed up the melting process.


Once I covered the pan, I took my Asparagus and made sure all of it looked good and hadn't gone bad. Then, I put it in the saucepan once most of the butter had melted.

Stir every once in awhile to make sure the butter gets on all of the Asparagus. About 2 minutes into the cooking process, I added in a light coating of Garlic Salt and a good amount of Ground Black Pepper. At this time, I also added in about 1/3 cup of Port Vino. Stir to make sure it all mixed properly.


Stir once in awhile and taste test to make sure it is cooked properly to your individual tastes.


Once mine was ready, I took out and added some chunky Tomato Sauce and a dusting of Italian Herb Mix. Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment