Saturday, August 18, 2012

Spoonful of Mushroom Couscous

So in a lot of my posts, I have either Mushrooms or Couscous involved. Well, looks like it's about time they met up and made an amazing meal. I decided to make this today as a lunchtime meal, and it was just so simple to make that I was hitting myself for not figuring it out sooner!



Ingredients:
1/2 lb Shiitake Mushrooms
1 lb Cremini Mushrooms
Sake
Teriyaki Sauce
Soy Sauce
Lime Juice
Ground Black Pepper
Garlic Salt
Couscous

I began with a saucepan where I poured in a liberal amount of Sake. Added to that was a light amount of Soy and Teriyaki Sauce. The same for Lime Juice. I turned the heat to medium.

I then sliced the Cremini Mushrooms and Shiitake Mushrooms into smaller portions and tossed them all into the saucepan. To that, I added the Ground Black Pepper and Garlic salt. Not too much otherwise they will overpower everything else. Mix everything together with tongs to make sure everything gets equal flavor.


At this point, I started the Couscous in my rice cooker. It finished cooking right as the rest of the recipe was finishing up.


Back to the Mushrooms, stir them again. They should be spongey about now so turn the heat off. Get your food processor or blender and puree the Mushrooms as much as you can. They turned into a kind of paste for me, which turns out to work quite well.

Since the Couscous is done now, just put that down first and top with the Mushroom paste. Garnish with a sprinkling of Italian Herbs and you are good to go. Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment