Thursday, August 23, 2012

Andouille Sausage w/Rice

Today I got home from work and decided to whip up a quick thing for lunch tomorrow and dinner tonight. I decided to use some Andouille Sausages...with rice from my rice cooker. A tasty quick meal that leaves everyone full!






Ingredients:
3 links of Andouille Sausage
1 cup Rice
Italian Herbs

This recipe is so simple, only 3 ingredients plus water. So nice, so easy. Start off with making your rice. I used my rice cooker with 1 cup of rice, 1.25 cups of water. Then just clicked it on and that was that.

Right after that I grabbed a small pot and filled it up about 2/3 with water. Set on stovetop and turn the heat to medium or just above that. Put your links of Andouille Sausage in there. DO NOT COVER IT! IT WILL FOAM OVER AND BE EVERYWHERE! TRUST ME!


The Andouille Sausage links will float to the top when they are close to being done. The water should be boiling at this point, you might want to turn the heat down. You also might notice the massive amount of foam forming as well, which does go away somewhat. Once they have been floating/boiling for a few minutes, turn the heat off and take them out of the pan and onto a plate or cutting board. Cut them into small sections.

The rice should be done just before the Andouille Sausages are done cooking as well. So prepare it as you will. I chose to put rice down first, Andouille on top in a dorky pattern, then a sprinkling of Italian Herbs. Enjoy.


2 comments:

  1. mmmm these look great cant wait to make them this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I haven't responded yet, but thanks for the comment Candiss! I had this for lunch at work and it's a simple and great alternative to fast food!

    ReplyDelete