Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Chef's Original: Worktime Lunch


Tonight I decided to cook up the mushrooms and bell peppers I had in my fridge. They were not going bad or anything, but were screaming at me to use them. So in spontaneous fashion, I threw together a Chef's Original dish.






Ingredients:
1 lb White Button Mushrooms (diced)
1 Red Bell Pepper (sliced)
1 Green Bell Pepper (diced)
Sake
White Wine
Port
Teriyaki Sauce
Soy Sauce
Sweet and Sour Sauce
Italian Herb Mix
Ground Black Pepper
Butter
Basil Leaves

I began by placing my saucepan on the stove and setting the temperature to medium. I grabbed the Butter and put about 1/3 of a stick in the pan. I poured in about 1/2 a cup of the White Wine to start things off, followed up by 1/4 cups of Sake and Port. To this mixture, I added in a dash or three of Teriyaki Sauce, Soy Sauce, and Sweet/Sour Sauce. I then threw the Red Bell Pepper slices into the pan. On top of that went the Mushrooms, which were quickly followed up with by the Green Bell Pepper pieces.


To top this off, I added in a healthy dusting of the Italian Herb Mix and Ground Black Pepper. I then used a pair of tongs to mix everything together evenly. Make sure to stir every once in awhile for everything to cook properly.


About 2 minutes into the cooking process, I added in some Basil Leaves. I want to say about 1/4 cup to 1/2 a cup. I'm not sure, I just grabbed a bundle of the Basil and started tearing them into small pieces and tossing them in the pot. So don't use a measurement here, use your love of Basil. Go Nuts!


I stirred them in and let the concoction cook for about 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally. You can check to see if the vegetables are done by observing the Peppers being soft, as well as the Mushrooms being spongey. If you can't tell, taste testing is always a good plan! Enjoy!



This is for my coworkers: If you are the first one to come to my desk tomorrow at work, and say I LOVE MUSHROOMS, you get a free lunch!



No comments:

Post a Comment