Sunday, August 26, 2012

Beefy Burgers

Yesterday when out food shopping, I picked up 4 'ranchero' burgers from Central Market. This is one of their pre-made burger patty recipes that I wholeheartedly endorse. It appears to be a basic mix of beef, red onions, and jalapeno peppers. So tasty.





Ingredients:
4 Ranchero Burger Patties
4 Wheat Hamburger Buns
Shredded Cheeses
Spicy Mustard
Butter

I chose to cook these in my saucepan since I do not have a grill and the smoke from my cast iron pan is intense. I then put in about 1/2 a stick of butter into the saucepan, which I turned the heat to medium on, and let it mostly melt.


I then put in 2 burger patties at a time to make sure I had enough space to move them around when I flipped them. I flipped them about every 2 minutes to make sure there was an even cook through them.


I did this for probably 10 minutes, which I then cut open 1 patty to check if it was cooked properly. It was, so I served up the 2 that were cooked and put the other 2 on.

Once I took the 2 off, I had 2 of the Wheat Burger Buns waiting, which I cut in half already and put some Spicy Mustard on them. So, it went from bottom to top: burger bun, mustard, burger patty, shredded cheeses, and topped off with the top bun. Such a tasty way to cook burgers, so enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. Did you know that Central Market has cheddar cheese curds? They're in the corner of the cheese cooler. Fried cheese curds would go great with these burgers for an upscale twist on fair food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I did know that! They move them around a lot, but they are always close to the shredded cheese I pick up there and used in this very recipe!

    ReplyDelete