Sunday, August 5, 2012

Portobello Madness!

Who loves Portobello Mushrooms?? Well, I love cooking them. They are so easy to tell when done, which happens pretty quickly, and they are quite versatile.
Ingredients:
3 Portobello Mushrooms
Sake
Sherry
Teriyaki Sauce
Soy Sauce
Lime Juice
Italian Herb Mix
Herbs de Provence w/Lavender
Wasabi Powder
Water



I began by turning the burner to medium-high, and putting my saucepan on. I then filled it with about 1 cup Sake and 1 tablespoon's worth of Sherry. Careful on the Sherry, it is quite the strong flavoring ingredient. Once that started to boil, I added in about 1/4 cup worth of Teriyaki Sauce. The same for Soy Sauce. As for the Lime Juice, I would say about 2 tablespoon's worth.

Then I put the 3 portobello mushrooms in, gill side down. On top of them, I added a healthy amount of the Italian Herb Mix, most will end up in the liquid, but that's ok.


Once they've been on for a minute or two, I used a pair of tongs to flip them over and added the Herbs de Provence w/Lavender to the gills as they are now facing up. I would say a pinch per mushroom.


I let them cook for another minute or so, flipped again for about a minute, and then taken off.


I then sliced them into strips and arranged on plate, along with a wasabi sauce dip. The sauce dip is just the wasabi powder mixed with some water. (Asian hot sauce for the decorative swirl)

No comments:

Post a Comment