Thursday, October 18, 2012

Steak w/ Green Beans


At work today, I was discussing steak and how amazing it is with several coworkers. This got me thinking that I should cook some steak tonight for dinner. Well, as luck would have it after work I was going to the grocery store anyway! This is the result and my tasty dinner!

Ingredients:
1.2 lb Flank Steak
0.5 lb uncut Green Beans
0.5 stick Butter
1/4 cup Olive Oil
Italian Herb Mix
Ground Black Pepper
Garlic Salt
Fennel Powder
Lawry's Seasoning
Sesame Seeds

For the Green Beans:

I began by getting the beans out.


I then cut off the stems of the beans where they connected to the actual plant. And put them in a bowl with a heavy dash of Italian Herb Mix.


I then had a pot of water boiling which I added them to. Italian Herb Mix and all.


I let them cook for about 5 minutes. Then I turned the heat off and let them sit while I turned my attention to the steak.


For the Flank Steak:

Take your meat out.


I cut the steak in half for ease of use while cooking it in a saucepan. I then seasoned it starting with a thorough coating of Lawry's. On top of that were light dustings of Fennel Powder and Ground Black Pepper. I added quite a covering of Garlic Salt on top of this because I love garlic.


Start your Butter melting in a large saucepan. Heat on medium.


Once it's mostly melted, add in your steaks seasoned side down. Then cover the top unseasoned side with a similar spice mix as you just did previously.


Add in some Olive Oil and flip the steaks. This should be done about 1 minute later.


Let cook, covered, for about 3 minutes. Open up, flip.


Now after a few more minutes they should be thoroughly cooked. Turn off heat and plate. I dusted with Sesame Seeds and added the Green Beens on the side. Enjoy.






No comments:

Post a Comment