Sunday, October 28, 2012

Root Vegetable Salad


This recipe has been bouncing around inside my head for the past couple weeks and I finally found Parsnips so cooking had to happen! It's my first time cooking something like this, so this should be fun!

Ingredients:
5 Parsnips
10 Carrots
7 Red Potatoes
Sea Salt
Ground Black Pepper
Italian Herb Mix
Olive Oil

Turn your oven to 400 degrees BAKE. Make sure it's empty.

Now this recipe I began by finding Parsnips at the grocery store for once! I then gathered everything together.


I went in order Parsnips first, Carrots second, and Potatoes third. By that, I mean I cut them into large pieces as evidenced by the cut up Parsnips in this picture.


I did my best to mix them up and ended up having enough cut to fill two entire glass cooking dishes with the ingredients.


I then poured on a heavy dose of Olive Oil. On top of that I added 2 pinches of Sea Salt, 3 of Ground Black Pepper, and 1 large pinch of Italian Herb Mix. This is per glass dish. Then they went into the oven. Yes, I was cooking these at the same time as I was cooking Sweet Potato Fries.


They should cook for about 45 minutes.


Take them out and use a spatula to serve. I dusted with some Italian Herb Mix. Enjoy.





No comments:

Post a Comment