Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Chef's Original: Shiitake Sampler

Alright, so this recipe is a very simple one that I would think makes a great appetizer or finger food. Was very spur of the moment when I noticed I had 3 mushrooms in my fridge still.





Ingredients:
3 Shiitake Mushrooms
Caesar Salad Dressing
Sweet Sour Sauce
Sesame Seed Oil
Olive Oil
Butter
Fennel Powder
Garlic Salt
Ground Black Pepper
Italian Herb Mix
Paprika

I began by putting a sauce pot on the stove top. I put in about 2 spoonfuls of Sweet Sour Sauce, 1/3 cup of Caesar Salad Dressing, around 10 drops of Sesame Seed Oil, 1 spoonful of Olive Oil, and 1/4 stick of Butter.

Then I turned the heat to medium and turned my attention to the spices. I put in a dusting of everything. Not very exact, but then again I did not really want to depend on the spices to flavor everything due to what was already in there.

Once it started to boil, in went the Mushrooms. I places them cap side down with the stems up. I did this because I wanted this dish to literally be a finger food item, in other words you don't need utensils. Just grab the stalk and eat the cap.


Stay close since these are done in a minute or so due to the caps not being that thick. I presume if I used White Button Mushrooms that a toothpick would have to be used for the part where you hold the mushroom to eat it, but Shiitake's have long stems.

Well, once done you plate them. I literally just plucked them out of the pot and put them on the plate, then added a pinch or two of Italian Herb Mix and Ground Black Pepper. Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment