Monday, October 29, 2012

Chicken Caesar Salad


This dish is a very very simple recipe to throw together when you want something quick and easy. I decided to do this a couple days ago and finally got around to it for dinner this evening.

Ingredients:
1 cup Italian Caesar Salad Dressing (FAT FREE)
1 lb Chicken Breast
Salad Mix
Bacon Bits
Parmesan/Romano Cheese Mix
Olive Oil

Alright, seems quite simple doesn't it?

Well that's because it is!

The marinade is literally just the Italian Caesar Salad Dressing. That's it. Boom, so easy. I put it in a bag due to the ease of marinating the Chicken in it.


I cut the Chicken up into smaller strips so it would cook faster and absorb the marinade quicker. Then into the marinade the Chicken goes!


I put a saucepan on the stovetop and turned the heat to medium. I added in a drizzle of Olive Oil.


About 15 seconds after turning the heat on, I poured the marinade and Chicken into the saucepan.


I turned the Chicken strips over about 2 minutes later.


This is what the look like when done. Total cook time should take about 6 minutes, but check to be sure by cutting one of the pieces open.


After they were done I turned off the heat and got my Salad Mix out. It is a simple Salad Mix from the store so I did nothing more than take it out of the container, wash it, and plate it. To this I added some Bacon Bits (fake bacon but tasty) which the Chicken went on top of. Topped with a healthy dose of Parmesan/Romano Cheese Mix. Enjoy.




1 comment: