Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Spicy Thin Strip Steak

Today I stopped by the grocery store and picked up some meat on 'clearance'. Normally I do not do this since the meat looks like it has gone bad, however I watched the employee but the clearance tag on the package of steaks and they looked tasty. So, steak had to be cooked.








Ingredients:
3 Thin Strip Steaks
1.5 cup Vegetable Oil
.75 cup White Vinegar
Fennel Powder
Hot Paprika
Fenugreek Powder
Curry Powder
Garlic Salt
Ground Black Pepper

I began this recipe by gathering my ingredients. Huge shock, I know!


I then mixed the marinade together. I started by grabbing my metal mixing bowl and putting in a good 1/4 cup or so of Garlic Salt. I love that stuff. I'd say about 2 spoonfuls of Ground Black Pepper and about 1 spoonful each of the other spices. Top that off with the White Vinegar and Vegetable Oil. Mix.


Now you can put the steaks straight in there, or trim them like I prefer to do. Put them in the marinade.


Now put a large saucepan on the stove and turn the heat to medium. Once it begins to heat up, or like 20 seconds later, put the steaks and marinade into the pan.


Since these are a thin cut, they will cook quite quickly. So, pay attention and once the marinade starts to boil you should flip the steaks.


About a minute or two later, they should be done cooking so take them off and turn off the heat. Now just cut to see if it's done. If so, plate and serve. Otherwise cook some more. I plated mine with a sprinkle of Italian Herb Mix on top, as well as a dash of asian hot sauce. I think it's Siracha or something spelled like that. Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment