Thursday, October 4, 2012

Kirby's Korner: Bombay Grill Indian Restaurant & Bar

This place was an eye opener. I love spicy food and cooking with Indian spices, but this place was definitely something for me to shoot for. I couldn't find a good picture to post with this business that was in focus, so you get one of their food. Mouthwatering, isn't it?


Service
The service here can be split into two different ways depending on when you go. The first way is when it is the lunchtime buffet, where service really cannot go wrong. I had a woman dressed in Indian dress that of course matched the food they were serving. For the second way, there is dinner. No longer a buffet but a more normal ordering system. Only small issue I had was the wait once done eating, it seemed like a long time.

Score: 4/5

Food
When I went for lunch, the food did seem a bit bland like they used the leftovers from the day before, but who knows. Regardless of that fact, the food tasted quite well if bland. I had a little bit of Chicken Vindaloo, Tikki Marsala, and a few other things that escape my memory. It is better when you go for dinner. I went for dinner and had their Chicken Vindaloo again, hoping for some spice to it. I was not disappointed. No longer was there any hint of blandness here. It was full of spicy and flavor to the point I was sweating while eating it. So amazing and exactly what I wanted. I even ordered a second Chicken Vindaloo to go for lunch at work the next day, however they gave me Chicken Tikki Marsala which was quite the downer.

Score: 5/5

Decor
This place does not look amazing. I cannot stress that enough. The outside is boring and not inspiring at all. The inside is very basic with a touch of cuteness added in. Could do a lot by making the inside, other than the hostess/waitress dressing Indian, match their food. The colors used are quite drab, maybe to make the food stand out more, but could brighten up the walls some.

Score: 2/5

Cost
This place is decently cheap. Not bad cheap like fast food, but good cheap like amazing food for low prices. My dinner alone cost maybe 25 dollars overall and that includes the second ordering to go. I highly recommend this place!

Score: 5/5

Overall Score: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment