Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Skewer'd Shrooms

I meant to post this the other day, however being July 4th week, things got away from me a bit. So Sunday, I created skewered mushrooms as a dish. A nice indian spice to cook them in and POOF! tastiness.


The mushrooms were simply prepared by washing them to get rid of any extra dirt/etc.. and the stalks removed. The mushrooms used were Cremini Mushrooms and are quite tasty!

The mushrooms were cleaned, skewered, and set aside. After that was done, I grabbed my trusty skillet and proceeded to place some of the indian spice mix I used on previous Mushroom Recipes in about 2 cups of Peanut Oil. Peanut Oil is great since it does not splash as much as Vegetable Oil or Olive Oil.

So once the spices were mixed in and the oil started to boil, I added in the skewers of mushrooms. Let sit for about 2 minutes gill side down, then flipped until they were ready. I want to say it was about 4 minutes, maybe 5 total.

Place on plate with lime garnish and sprinkle with crushed basil.





No comments:

Post a Comment