Sunday, July 15, 2012

Stir Fry

After procuring a Wok the other day, I decided to cook some stir fry...it might have gone the other way around. Either way, I have a wok and want to cook some Stir Fry. Who doesn't like Stir Fry?


I would like to say that I was able to throw everything together out of nothing and make this amazing dish, however I used frozen stir fry mix of vegetables. Sad I know, however I do like it since I was unable to find bamboo shoots, baby corns, and the like very easily today.

So I have the stir fry mix, along with some snow peas and snap peas. I start by coating the Wok with some peanut oil. Once that starts simmering, I add in the frozen vegetables. You might need to toss in some water to steam the vegetables a bit so they can cook properly. It's what I did. Put some Sesame Seed Oil in now if you have it.

Put in the Snap Peas and Snow Peas. I do this a little bit later since they are not frozen and won't have to defrost and all.

So after a few minutes of cooking, make sure to stir around a bunch, I grabbed my sauces. Yes, plural. I used a healthy 2 spoonfuls of Stir Fry sauce and 2 spoonfuls of Sweet Sour sauce. I cleared a spot in the middle of the Wok and added those two in. I then stirred so the sauce would be even throughout. After that, I added in a dash of Teriyaki Sauce and Low Sodium Soy Sauce.

Once done, take out and enjoy. You could even cook up some rice and put the Stir Fry on top.


No comments:

Post a Comment