Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Sourdough Pizza Snackers 2.0

So in my way of improving on recipes, I decided some snacks were needed yesterday for I was quite famished. What do all red blooded men like besides steak, sports, booze? PIZZA!
I recalled that the snackers before were prone to a little sogginess if not done perfectly in the Microwave, so I made sure my oven was ready for some use.

Over is ready and eager.

I took out a cooking tin and turned the oven to BROIL at 450 degrees. Then I placed several slices of sourdough bread on the tin.

I grabbed my jar of tomato sauce, and proceeded to spoon out the sauce onto the bread slices and spread it evenly.

Now, I love cheese. Who doesn't other than lactose intolerant people? Well I mixed shredded asiago, quattro fromagio(4 cheese blend), gruyere, and monterey jack on top.

On top of all that, I added a healthy dose of garlic salt and crushed basil.

By this time the oven is ready, it will probably DING!!! at you. Make sure you have your proper oven mits to handle the oven/hot tray after the food is done cooking.

Place the sheet on the middle or top rack and pay careful attention after they've been on for a few minutes so you can pull them out when they are cooked to your specific standards. I think mine took between 5 and 10 minutes to be done. Then just use a spatula to take the snackers off the HOT metal tin and place on a plate to serve.



No comments:

Post a Comment