Sunday, July 29, 2012

Tasty Summertime Tomato Sauce

This tomato sauce was kind of just thrown together with what was in my kitchen and I decided it was tasty enough that it needed to be put up here!

Ingredients:
6 Greenhouse Tomatoes
4 Carrots
4 sm Sweet White Onions
1 md Red Onion
1 Green Bell Pepper
2 Anaheim Peppers
2 Jalapeno Peppers (cored)
Italian Herb Mix
Garlic Salt
Cumin/Coriander
Tumeric

I started with 6 Greenhouse Tomatoes and pureed them in my trusty Food Processor. Added to this was 4 Carrots, also pureed in the food processor. All put into a large saucepan, with the heat on medium.

After I had those two ingredients in the saucepan, I proceeded to use my food processor to chop up 4 small Sweet Onions, 1 Red Onion, 1 Green Bell Pepper, 2 Anaheim Peppers, and 2 Jalapeno Peppers(cored). Then I stirred them all together and added about 3/4 cup of Dark Beer. Stir.


Once I had all of that stirred to an even consistency, I grabbed the spices. My Italian Herb Mix went in first, about 3 spoonfuls. Then I added Garlic Salt, maybe 2 spoonfuls...maybe. Here I added Ground Cumin/Coriander and Tumeric. About 2 spoonfuls of each. Stir heavily. Let cook with semi frequent stirring for about 10 minutes, then turn off heat and serve at your discretion. I served them with some sliced Sourdough Bread. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment