Sunday, November 18, 2012

Homemade Beef Jerky

Alright, so this is a very simple thing to do provided one thing. You must have a food dehydrator. I got mine at Cabella's I believe. Chances are I'll put more food dehydrating things up here in the future as they are simple and tasty.

Ingredients:
2 lbs Stir Fry Beef
1 package McCormick Grill Mates Zesty Herb Marinade
1 package McCormick Grill Mates Spiced Brandy & Herb Marinade
Vegetable Oil
White Vinegar
Water

I began this by getting the materials together.


I then followed the marinade instructions on the packages.


I mixed them up in Ziploc plastic bags and added the Stir Fry Beef.


After refrigerating overnight, I placed them on the food dehydrator's racks.


Seeing as though I was to be at work this past Friday when I decided to cook these, I used a timer. Just set the time and off to work I went. I had to do this because my workday is 8 hours long and this takes anywhere from 6 to 10 hours to dehydrate properly.


When I got home from work, they were done. So I took them out and put them on paper towels to blot away the leftover oils/grease. Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment