Sunday, November 18, 2012

Eggs in a Boat 2.0


Alright, so I have made this once before and decided a second attempt at it was warranted. This time I changed up the recipe a little bit as to include what I had on hand.

Ingredients:
1 loaf French Bread
Shredded Asiago, Gruyere, Quatro Fromaggio Cheese
Parmesan/Romano Cheese
7 Eggs
1/2 cup Scallions, sliced
1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
1 Orange Bell Pepper, diced
Italian Herb Mix
Ground Black Pepper
Sea Salt

I'll skip the normal get your ingredients together picture since we always do that. I'll just get to the good part...the ingredients ready to go pictures! Here's the egg mixture and diced up Bell Peppers and Scallions. Turn your oven to 400 degrees BAKE.


And the loaf of French Bread, where I have the center scooped out somewhat. Make sure not to breach the sides, as the egg mixture will drain out and cause trouble. I accidentally did this on one part so I wrapped it in tin foil. I think I'll do this every time from here on out.


Now I poured the eggs in first.


I added most of the diced Bell Peppers and Scallions. They sink in quite readily.


I topped that with a solid dusting of each cheese. I also added a pinch or two of the Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper.


Topped with whatever is left over of the diced Bell Peppers and Scallions. Also, add in a few pinches of the Italian Herb Mix.


Now put it in the oven for about 10 minutes. I checked at 10 minutes and then decided to let it bake some more so the eggs were not as runny as the first time I made this. So another 15 minutes. Then I took it out and this is what it looked like.


After giving it a little bit to cool down, I took it out of the tin foil and cut it up to serve. Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment