Thursday, November 29, 2012

DIY: Orange Julius!

I have met a lot of people who don't know what an Orange Julius is. Well, go GOOGLE it right now. I'll wait....until right now. Ok, now that you know what it is, you can exclaim to yourself and those around you that you feel enlightened upon discovering this nectar of the Gods. Well, there is a food business by that exact name out there where you pay a few bucks for a cup of the stuff. Well, I found many recipes online on how to make your own at home. This was with my breakfast this morning, so enjoy!

Ingredients:
1 can Orange Juice Concentrate
1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
12 Ice Cubes
Water

Yes it's that simple and all done in a blender. I know, it's so tasty that you should use more ingredients but alas this is the case. Sort of. It's a basic recipe. You can add regular Orange Juice to it as well as Milk. If you want to make it very healthy, you can always add powdered anything to it such as Metamucil or one of those Protein Powder Drink things.


Once you get your stuff together, throw in 12 Ice Cubes or so.


Then the Orange Juice Concentrate and Vanilla Extract.


I did not put an amount of water on it because it's up to you. It really is. It all depends on how dense you want it. You can have it with the consistency of regular Orange Juice if you want, or all the way to almost like Ice Cream. I like it in the middle, so I filled the Orange Juice Concentrate container about 3/4 of the way up and poured that in.

Then blend it like crazy. I mean....cover it and let it blend until pureed.

Then just serve! Enjoy!


Sorry for only 4 pictures! It was 5:10am when I made this and I am not exactly completely coherent at that hour!

No comments:

Post a Comment