Sunday, September 9, 2012

Side Dish: Moroccan Mushrooms

In addition to the Chef's Original: Appetizer a l'oignon, I threw together a spicy little side dish to go along with my main dish. I know mushrooms are easily manipulated and used with any flavoring, so I began by choosing them.





Ingredients
White Button Mushrooms
Archer Farm's Moroccan Inspired Sauce
Italian Herb Mix

This recipe is a very simple one since I used sauce from a bottle. I did find that this sauce is amazing and I must research into creating my own Moroccan spice mix/sauce.

I began by slicing the mushrooms. Very easy to do, or you can just buy them that way. I turned the burner to medium and put the saucepan on. I put in about 1/2 the bottle of Moroccan Inspired Sauce. I tossed the mushrooms in and mixed them around to coat them thoroughly. I then topped with italian herb mix.


About 2 minutes into them cooking, I stirred again so the herbs mixed in. About a minute after this they were done, which you can tell by the mushroom slices being a bit spongey. Or you can just taste test, that's always a fun time!


I took them out and served them with the sauce, topped with a dash of italian herbs again. Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment