Sunday, December 16, 2012

Homemade Arrabbiata Sauce w/Penne

Arrabbiata Sauce is an Italian angry tomato sauce. I say angry because you use a lot of peppers instead of focusing on tomatoes. You usually serve with pasta...which is what I did here.

Ingredients:
2 Roma Tomatoes
2 Greenhouse Tomatoes
4 small Jalapeno Peppers
2 Caribe Peppers
3 Poblano Peppers
2 Anaheim Peppers
1/2 cup Vegetable Broth
1 can Tomato Paste

Alright, I began by slicing and dicing up my Tomatoes. I put these in my deep saucepan first and set the heat to MEDIUM.


I then diced the Jalapeno's up and tossed them in.


Then the same with the Caribe's.


The Poblano's.


Finally the Anaheim's.


Now I added in the Vegetable Broth and stirred everything around. I then added in the Tomato Paste. Do your best to stir this in. It won't happen 100% but the cooking process will take care of that. Cover.


About 10 minutes later it should look like this. I turned off the heat now.


Let sit for about 5 minutes. Then use a food processor or blender to puree. I used a blender. I cooked up some Penne Pasta as well for it to go with. As I created this dish for my lunch while I'm at work during the week, I put in a small tupperware with a sprinkle of Asiago Cheese on top. Enjoy..I know I will.




No comments:

Post a Comment