Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Sourdough Pizza Snackers

Alright, so in addition to the previous post of Capresi Skewers, I decided that Pizza would be a great snack as well. So I searched through my kitchen and found several things that could make this happen. Ingredients: Sourdough Bread Loaf (pre-sliced) Shredded Cheese Tomato Sauce Spice mix of basil, sage, oregano, & thyme With this you can choose any sauce/cheese you would like, so I went with Asiago shredded cheese and generic heart smart tomato sauce. This recipe is a simple one anyone could do, and it is so tasty! Take a plate, put three slices of the Sourdough Bread on there. Cover the bread slices with Tomato Sauce, but not so much as to touch the edges of it since that can result in one big tasty mess. On top of that I sprinkled the spice mix on, which in turn was covered by the shredded Asiago cheese. At this stage you could choose to put it in the oven or even cook it up on a skillet, however I went with the device known as a Microwave. Yes, I love microwaves. They make some recipes so much easier. I put the plate in there for approximately 3 minutes, or until the cheese melts thoroughly. Then take out, let sit for about a minute so it's not too hot, then enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment